I would like to introduce the ten major values of Internet for 40 years, which I read in newspaper, and share some points I observed as follows.
1. Incubating a new society (孵化新社會)
- Bloggers communication in virtual society.
- Facebook, Myspace, etc.
2. Initiative self-identification (倡導自我認同)
- Blogger write which they like and show their interested items only. It is so specific.
3. Establishing society identity (確立社會認同)
- Netizen established different discussion groups. Some netizen organized professional groups in internet.
4. Opening public mind (開啟公共思維)
- It is freedom to discuss different topic in different platform of internet.
5. Improvement of the functioning of the state (改善國家運作)
- I haven’t observed this point in Hong Kong.
6. Innovation of communication (革新傳播方式)
- It is other than newspaper, radio and TV.
7. Re-engineering interpersonal network (重塑人際網路)
- You are “Leo” in internet but to be “Anderson” in real world (MATRIX).
8. Rewriting business transaction mode (改寫交易方式)
- B2B, eBay, etc.
9. Creating social entertainments (創造社會娛樂)
- Youtube, Facebook, etc.
10. Awareness of citizenship (喚醒公民意識)
- Many bloggers would discuss about government policy.
內地清華大學傳播學博士 – 中國博客之父 和香港資深傳媒工作者合譜 [十大價值], 刊於內地雜誌<<新周刊>>, 轉載予明報副刊(2009年11月1日).
(MingPao – 1st Nov 2009)