I was honor to be invited by Dr. Ayed Alamri (President of Saudi Quality Council) to give speech in the 6th Saudi National Quality Conference from 28-30 Nov 2017 in Damman, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I went to the Royal Consulate General of Saudi Arabia which located in the Suite 6401, Central Plaza, 18 Harbour Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong.
It was my first time to apply Saudi visa and I made mistake during submission of application form. After I completed the application procedure, I took a photo in front of the office entry for memory. It is not allow to take photo inside the office and our camera & smartphone should be locked by the office staff.
I would like to show the following steps for “Government Visit” visa. (Remark: it hasn’t tourism / tourist visa.)
1. The government entity in Saudi Arabia will provide a visa authorization issued by the Saudi ministry of foreign affairs.
2. A letter from the employer confirming the name and position of the applicant, as well as, a copy of the business registration (BR) certificate of the local company that all letter & BR endorsed by the Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce (HKGCC). (Remark: HKGCC charges HK$360 per copy and if you need express service, extra HK$100 should be paid per copy.)
3. Completed application form filled out with black ink or printed. (Both electronic and hardcopy forms should be prepared.) (Remark: Remember to print the code before chick the payment when filled the online form (USD 10.50)! Otherwise, you will miss the code and pay online again!)
4. Passport original and copy
5. If non-Chinese passport holders, a copy of HKID is need.
6. 2 recently passport size color photographs with white background7. A copy of the airline ticket
I went to the office twice because of collecting all documents especially the endorsement by HKGCC. (Remark: Saudi visa is free. The Royal Consulate General of Saudi Arabia office hour is from 10:00am to 12:00pm for application and from 4:00pm to 5:00pm for collection.)
The office located in the 64/F of Central Plaza, it has very good view that I took in the middle of floor for life transfer.
The following photo I took with Dr. Ayed Alamri during IAQ World Quality Forum in in Bled, Slovenia last month.
Finally, I got my visa on Monday at 4:30pm.
Since there was no any information about Saudi Arabia, I went to the Consultate General of the United Arab Emirates (UAE) to get some travel information for reference.
Consular Posts and Officially Recognised Bodies - Saudi Arabia - http://www.protocol.gov.hk/eng/consular/asia/saudiarabia.htm
Saudi Arabia - Visa on Demand - http://hong-kong-economy-research.hktdc.com/business-news/article/Visa-On-Demand/Saudi-Arabia-Visa-on-Demand/vod/en/1/1X000000/1X00OEYW.htm
The Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce - http://www.chamber.org.hk/en/index.aspx
Saudi Quality Council - https://www.sqc.org.sa/
Previous Saudi National Quality Conference - http://nqc-sa.com/en/index1.php
The 6th National Quality Conference - http://www.saso.gov.sa/en/mediacenter/news/Pages/saso_news_816.aspx20171013: The 2nd IAQ World Quality Forum 2017 in Bled, Slovenia - https://qualityalchemist.blogspot.hk/2017/10/the-2nd-iaq-world-quality-forum-2017-in.html