2023年11月20日星期一

Visit to PolyU Industrial Center

Dr. Walter Fung (CityU EngD cohort) arranged a visit to PolyU Industrial Center for teaching and research facilities on 20th Nov 2023. Many EngD cohorts joined this visit and I took a photo when we gathered. 


The first visit location is Hybrid Immersive Virtual Environment (HiVE) and we took a group photo in front of the banner. (Middle row right 2nd - Dr. SC Ho is our leader for Industrial Center.)


Vicent and I enjoyed the 3D virtual environment.


The different 3D virtual environments were demonstrated including city, street, rural area and museum, etc.


And then we went to the AIR Lab that is a brand-new venue in PolyU where educators, makers and researchers from different disciplines can collaborate to apply AI and robots to solve real-world issues.


A robot programmed interaction activities with visitor such as dancing and play Tai Chi (太極).


I met my old friend Dr. C.C. Cheung and took a photo with Dr. Vincent Fung, Dr. Szeto Wing Hong and Dr. Gaby Kun.


After that we went to IoT Maker Lab.


There are many stations and mini 3D printer for students use.


Finally, we visited University Research Facility in 3D Printing. I had visited before in 2021.


Since I have class in evening, I left early. Tonight, I taught design thinking.


Two students formed a group and interviewed each other so as to collect their needs and exercised empathy.


Lastly, I selected some students to present their insight and proposed solutions.

Reference:

PolyU Industrial Center - https://www.polyu.edu.hk/ic/

20210106: Visit to PolyU Cyber-Physical System Laboratory and Industrial Centre - https://qualityalchemist.blogspot.com/2021/01/visit-to-polyu-cyber-physical-system.html


沒有留言:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails