We were discussed the new criteria of HKAI - Productivity and Quality. In the past, it employed Malcom Baldrge National Quality Award Criteria which productivity projects. This year was changed and simplified as follows:
Management Support (10%)
- How the senior management initiates the productivity and quality improvement programs, and supports the running of the programs on a continuous basis?
Project Planning and Execution (25%)
- How the management team and operation team plan, implement, review, measure the productivity and quality improvement programs and response to the environmental changes during the implementation stage?
Company Competitiveness (25%)
- How the productivity and quality improvement programs create values, culture, changes and resources optimization in the company for enhancing the competitiveness of the company as a whole?
Measurable Achievements (25%)
- What are the measurable productivity achievements and quality achievements achieved via the productivity and quality improvement programs?
Impact to the Industry (15%)
- How the productivity and quality improvement programs set a trend to other players or even transform the industry practices in realizing productivity and quality enhancement as a whole?
Finally, we took a group photos included HKSQ exco members and co-op members.
(Left: Ms. Minda Chiang, I, Dr. KS Chin, Mr. Karson Chui, Mr. Peter Fung, Mr. Ricky Suen, Dr. Albert Tsang and Dr. Aaron Tong; *where Ms. Angela Wong left early)
HKSQ - www.hksq.org
Hong Kong Awards for Industries - Productivity and Quality - http://www.hkindustryaward.org/en/award_categories/pq.html
ASQ InfVoices - Hong Kong Quality Awards & Programs - http://qualityalchemist.blogspot.hk/2013/04/asq-infvoices-hong-kong-quality-awards.html
ASQ InfVoices – The Professional Society’s Organization Excellence Journey - http://qualityalchemist.blogspot.hk/2014/06/asq-infvoices-professional-societys.html
Seminar on Quality Excellence Model - MBNQA & EFQM - http://qualityalchemist.blogspot.hk/2012/11/seminar-on-quality-excellence-model.html