We knew each other through ASQ Influential Voices and LinkedIn. After knowing him to have business trip in Hong Kong, we organized such meeting with HKSQ exco members for sharing Quality in India, ASQ Fellowship and six sigma project in bank.
In the beginning, Mr. Peter Fung (Vice Chairman, HKSQ) introduced Hong Kong Society for Quality (HKSQ) to Anshuman.
After that we have a discussion for sharing different topics and some insights were summarized as follows:
- Deming Prize, European Quality Award (EQA) (Now referred as EFQM Excellence Award) and Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award (MBNQA) are popular in India
- Their LMC has a promotion program of basic quality concept for High School student
- Pharmaceutical product is following US FDA (Asked by Minda, Secretary)
- Most private hospital for medical tourism (Asked by Zoie, Exco member)
- Anshuman said the implementation problem of Six Sigma in service sector was difficult to collect enough data. Senior management had already known the solution for process improvement. It is time-based competition. Six Sigma in bank is not for money saving but for increase of revenue. Dr. Aaron Tong (Former Chairman) added that bank interested in Six Sigma because of Data Mining. Anshuman also agreed.
After the discussion, I presented HKSQ the 25th Anniversary Year Book to Anshuman.
Anshuman also presented ASQ-India Diary to me.
Then we had a dinner in CityU Chinese Restaurant. Mr. Anshuman Tiwar is a vegetarian.
(Left: and Dr. Zoie Wong (Exco member), Dr. Albert Tsang (Former Chairman), Dr. Aaron Tong (Former Chairman), Mr. Anshuman Tiwar (HKSQ Guest), Dr. Lotto Lai(Former Chairman), Ms. Minda Chiang (Hon. Secretary) and Mr. Peter Fung (Vice-chairman))
HKSQ - www.hksq.org
Anshuman's blog: Quality - The Unfair Advantage - http://qualityadvantage.blogspot.hk/
Anshuman Tiwari, HSBC Data Processing India, Bangalore, India — For his persistence and diligence in implementing quality principles and practices in India; for writing about quality leadership; for developing performance excellence assessment models; for assessing a range of organizations on performance excellence criteria; and for leading the establishment of ASQ in India. (ASQ Names 24 Fellows for Contributions to Quality)