In the beginning of orientation, some interested information about CityU were shared such as how many graduate of CityU (answer: 105000 people) and when Alumni Relations Office established (answer: 2003), etc.
Then CityU Alumni Ambassador Scheme was introduced. The mission of the scheme is “Uniting alumni to support university development”.
Several internet tools were used by CityU alumni for networking such as Facebook, free Wi-Fi in CityU Campus, etc.
Facebook - CityU Alumni group
More than hundred CLA were presented a souvenir and took photos.
The last section briefed CLA past activities. The most important mission of CLA is to update your classmates contact.
Lastly, e-Portfolios were introduced to graduate.
We could be explained e-Portfolios equal to Action CV.
- A person’s personal and continuing presence online
- A base for social networking
- A base for personal publishing
- A tool for personal branding
- A digital presentation tool to demonstrate work and competencies
- A tool for personal knowledge management
- An engaging and reflective learning approach
- A professional self on the Web
My opinion was that “LinkedIn” had already worked as e-Portfolios in USA. It included all the above characteristics.
Photo of souvenirs
For more information:
Alumni Relations Office at www.cityu.edu.hk/aro