The only failure is the failure to Participate.
Some definitions of Customer Service are shown:
- Customer Service is any contact between a customer and a company that causes a negative or positive perception by a customer.
- Customer Service is the commitment to providing value added services to external and internal customers, including attitude, knowledge, technical support and quality of service in a timely manner.
- Customer service is a proactive attitude that can be summed up as: I care and I can do.
Why customers leave a business?
82% leave a business because of Customer Service Issues but most of these customers don’t bother to complain. They just leave and don’t come back.
Key Skills for Quality Customer Service:
· Know your company (e.g. vision, mission, culture, etc.)
· Know your service (e.g. service configuration, specification, etc.)
· Know your customer (e.g. need, concern, personality, etc.)
The Customer Loyalty Ladder:
Great Customer Service is the ability to “Constantly” and “Consistently” Exceed the Customer’s Expectations. (Create Raving Fans!!) I have modified the ladder as below.
What Customer Wants….4x Feel and 2x Be
· To Feel Welcome
· To Feel Important
· To Feel Appreciated
· To Feel Comfortable
· To Be Understood
· To Be Respected
· seeing your company through customer’s eyes
· pay attention to details
Quality Service’s RATER Factors:
Understand Customer’s Behavioral Styles
Great Customer Service is Pro-active and keeps on getting better Innovate.
Service is from the HEART.
Since the class has so much information, I have just summarized several important points to share.